Monday, June 14, 2010

Aids Life Cycle is in the Books

OMG... Last week was quite an experience. I had originally intended to give you all daily updates as the Cannondale Bike Tech crew traveled down the California Coast along with 2300 cycling enthusiasts on our journey from San Francisco to Los Angeles, but things didn't turn out quite that way. Obviously.

Although this was the easiest year for the bike tech crew since they've been helping with this ride, it was still pretty damn busy out there each and every day of the ride. Up before sunrise and going full throttle until sunset left little time or desire for me to update the blog daily. And, looking back now it's as if all of the days and their events have been thrown into a blender and pureed into a beautiful concoction of laughter, scenerey, good people, hardwork, a noble cause.

So here it is in a nutshell. Oatmeal at 5 a.m., shift lever and cable swaps at 5:30a.m., about 1000 flat tire fixes, daily random bike part wild goose chases, Justin Timberlake, Aqua, and B.O.B bumpin at 6 a.m., packing up camp, moving camp, unpacking camp, headwinds that made me want to run home to my mommy, tailwinds that made me want to ride forever, a battle between Star Bucks and McDonald's drip Coffee, water bottles full of beer, 2000 cyclists in red, set up camp again, fix more flats, bump some Michael Jackson and Rihanna, everyone sing along cause we all know the words, work your ass off all day next to a group of the greatest guys you've ever met, change someone's day for the better, dance a little jig, fix another flat, pack the truck, laugh so hard you nearly pass out, grab a bite before falling into bed, and wake up to do it all again in six hours...

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that ALC was awesome. Now I'm in Utah. Yeehaw. I'm going to ride some new-to-me trails tomorrow and then I might have to go back to Cali to grab some bikes before flipping a bitch and heading straight back to Utah. Oh yeah, tomorrow might be gnarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment