Wednesday, June 2, 2010

News

So I know this is a little out of order, especially since I haven't even finished my race report for Julian Death March and the Coolest 24 hour report has yet to be posted(it's in the works too) but I have some news which should be reported and is actually part of the reason that I haven't been able to keep up on other current events.

So, what's up? Well, I know that it's nearly impossible to believe, but yours truly got a real job. Huh? Dez got a job? Yeah, it sounds weird to me too, but it's not as serious as it sounds, hear me out. I am now the West Coast Demonstrationa and Event Coordinator for Cannondale Bicycles. Pretty official, eh?

What does that all mean though? I'm not completely sure, to be honest. Not just yet anyway. I know that it means things will be different for me from now on. Just how different and what specifically will change sort of remains to be seen at this point. Either way, I'm looking forward to the changes and the challenges which the new position will bring my way.

At this point, the biggest question mark is really what will happen to my racing. It would seem like working for Cannondale would allow me to race to my heart's content, but since part of my job is event and racer/racer support, it may actually work the other way around. But, we shall see. I figure that where there's a will, there's a way and if I truly want to toe the line, then I'll make it happen. For the next couple of months, until I get the hang of the position and get into my new groove, you shouldn't count on seeing too much of little Dezzi Wilder at at the races. Do not be fooled though, just cause I may not be racing doesn't mean I'm not staying fit enough to be a contender when I get back on course later this season....

Until then, I fully intend to keep you all updated on the new happenings and adventures of a demo truck driver as I cruise around the West Coast spreading Cdale love. Oh, and I promise I'll finish my write-ups on the last to races at some point too.

No comments:

Post a Comment