Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Cast is No More

I'm free! I had my cast removed yesterday morning and I am more than a little excited. Sure, the foot is a little stiff and it's nowhere near 100%, but my god, it's free and has potential to be 100% at some point in the near future.

I rode my bike today too. I wish you all could have been there to see, because it was pretty pathetic. Actually, that's not true. I am very glad that no one was there to witness it because yes, it was pathetic. Again, the potential is there and yesterday morning before that damn cast got chopped off, things were looking pretty grim.

I may not be back, but I'm at least pointed in the right direction again and I couldn't have picked a better place to get back on the bike. Hello San Diego! 70 degrees, sunny, light breeze... Yeah, pretty much couldn't be better.

So, on a scale of 1-100, with 100 being kick-ass race winning fitness and 1 being um, I don't know, like death I suppose; I think I'm at like a 10. I rode for 2 hours today and only went up 3 little climbs. It was a damn good thing I had a 28 tooth cog on my cassette too because otherwise I may not have made it... The ride was humbling, eye opening, encouraging, discouraging, terribly painful, and altogether one of the greatest 2 hours that I have ever experienced.

There is a lot of work ahead of me, but I am a big fan of this type of work. So giddy-up little pony, let's get this rodeo rocking and rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment